BACK ORDER ONLY (Expected December 22)
The Rock Jockey’s purpose is to eliminate additional personnel need for moving slabs safely. The Rock Jockey reduces one of the two men needed to move slabs with a lift truck and boom. This includes taking the slab off the truck, placing and removing the slab from a slab rack, placing the slab on an A-Frame or a photo stand.
This product also reduces the opportunity for injury or death caused by the current method, which places a man in the fall zone and can place a man between a stationary object and a moving lift truck. The cost of an injury is huge; the potential for OSHA fines or even closing down your operation is real.
Like health insurance, you hope you won't need it, but how much is peace of mind worth? The Rock Jockey is available for a cheap price to avoid this danger.
FEATURES INCLUDE: • Remote Control • 360-degree continuous turning capability • Built-in clutch prevents slab damage • Industrial-grade construction • Weatherproof • Made in the USA
- Allows one man to safely and efficiently remove or position a slab in a slab rack, A-Frame, or photo station. The Rock Jockey reduces the need for a man to walk along and guide the slab, as it is being moved and placed. The Rock Jockey also releases the safety latch reducing the need to hit the hook with a stick
- Makes moving and handling slabs a one-man operation
- The unit provides continuous 360-degree rotation in either direction. Provides remote control release of the lifter latch
- By eliminating the man guiding the slab you are reducing the risk of injury. Slab handling injuries can be very serious and costly
- Made and assembled in the USA. All steel construction, stronger than the clamp or the boom. The only part not made in the USA is the rechargeable battery pack, which should last at least two years of heavy usage
- 12-volt rechargeable battery, military-grade charging port. A comfortable handheld remote can be used while wearing gloves. Remote has magnetic back to prevent loss. All remotes are “mated” to slab jockey with a unique signal. This allows for multiple units to operate in close proximity without interference
- Weatherproof antenna. EMF shielded will not cause radio interference
- The remote control has an auto shut off after 10 minutes of no use
- The unit is the same width as a clamp for getting into tight places
- Replacement controls are available
- Safety clutch to prevent damage to the unit or slab from strong wind or accidentally hitting a stationary object
- No routine maintenance. Sealed from the weather
- Available for Abaco 50 automatic lifter